Tuesday, March 27, 2012

PP88: So Grateful


This is the card I made for the Paper Players sketch challenge. I used the Stained Glass technique with vellum paper. A lot of fun and cute results. Also, I learned a new word today. What is the word you ask? Apothecary. The sentiment I used for this card is from SU Apothecary Art stamp set. To be honest, I had no idea what the word meant. I Googled it. Pretty interesting. Here's the link to Wikipedia if you are interested.


The Stamps
SU Sweet Summer
SU Apothecary Art

The Colors
Very Vanilla
Marina Mist
Not Quite Navy
Chocolate Chip

The Embellishments
SU Blueberry Crisp DSP
SU 5/8" Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon

The Tools
SU Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
SU Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die
SU Decorative Label Punch
SU Scallop Trim Border Punch

And, here's the sketch


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card in blue...love that technique and need to try it. Thank you for sharing! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE anything blue, and this is beautiful! Love that BG paper---perfect! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Sue! I love the frame and the added butterflies! Great DSP choice! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is so pretty! I love the little bitty butterflies you added to the image. I really want to try that technique now, as well. Thanks for sharing! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete