Sunday, March 18, 2012

CTD183: Happy Birthday with Pennants


This is the card I created for the Color Throwdown weekly challenge. The colors were Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Really Rust and Craft. I didn't have Really Rust or Craft so I did some substitutions. For Really Rust I used Calypso Coral and for Craft I substituted Crumb Cake


I'm still not great at tying bows although I am getting better....I think. I also love embossing background pieces after I have stamped them. I think it adds a lot of dimension to the card.

The Stamps
SU Pennant Parade
SU Swirls and Curls Verses

The Colors
Whisper White
Crumb Cake
Baja Breeze
Calypso Coral
Certainly Celery

The Embellishments
SU Everyday Enchantment Brads
SU 3/8" Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon
SU Whisper White Baker's Twine
SU Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper

The Tools
SU Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
SU Pennant Builder Punch

Here's the palette


2 comments:

  1. Love your sweet banner and the fun background paper! Cute card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this DP (why didn't I think of that?) and your clean design! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete