Sunday, March 18, 2012

JUGS128: Spotlighting with Elements of Style


This is my cards for the Just Us Girls weekly challenge. This week was a color challenge. The colors were light pink, spring moss and cream. For light pink I used Pretty in Pink. For spring moss I used Certainly Celery; and for cream I used Very Vanilla.


I had seen a lot of cute cards that used the spotlighting technique. It has been awhile since I've done spotlighting. I used butterfly punches to create the spotlighting.

The Stamps
SU Elements of Style
SU Tiny Tags

The Colors
Very Vanilla
Pretty in Pink
Certainly Celery

The Embellishments
SU 1/4" Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon
SU Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper
SU Basic Rhinestones

The Tools
SU Lace Ribbon Border Punch
SU Butterfly Punch
SU Jewelry Tag Punch

Here's the palette:


4 comments:

  1. The spotlighting technique is amazing...such gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spotlighting!! Just a stunning card~ Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite techniques and you've done an amazing job showcasing it with these flowers! So glad our colors worked out for you too! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Lovely idea using the butterflys for the spotlights...very pretty!
    I enjoyed my visit to your blog so much I just became a follower..
    Stop by my place too and maybe you will follow me too!

    ReplyDelete