Sunday, April 1, 2012

CP159: Imagine the Possibilities


This is the card I made for the Card Patterns sketch challenge. Super cute sketch! I tried a new technique for the flowers. I took vellum paper and applied ink with a sponge dauber. I then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heated it up. It created a transparent, glassy finish. Finally, I punched the flowers out with the 5-Petal and Boho Blossoms Punch. They look a lot better in person. I'm definitely going to do this again. I'm think of something with a butterfly would be super pretty.


And, now for the details...

The Stamps
SU Elements of Style
SU Word Play

The Colors
Regal Rose
Blushing Bride
Whisper White
Basic Black

The Embellishments
SU Blushing Bride DSP
SU Basic Pearls
SU Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon

The Tools
SU Frame, Oval Scallop Bigz Die
SU Boho Blossoms Punch
SU Scallop Trim Border Punch
SU 5-Petal Flower Punch
SU Backgrounds1 Texturz Plates
SU Clear Embossing Powder
SU Vellum Paper
SU Heat Tool

And, the sketch...


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sue! I absolutely love the soft florals stamped behind the sentiment, and the combo of pink and black is so elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the vellum paper, Sue. I've been catching up on a few past posts of yours - lots of great inspiration! I'm going to click to join. I swear I did it before but I don't see my mug in your followers. (I guess Blogger will tell me if it's a duplication.) Have a great weekend! Darnell

    ReplyDelete